For website that include logos of other companies, such as a portfolio website, curating a good collection of consistent logos can be challenging. This is a set of instructions I use to help guide clients through the process of building a consistent collection of logos for their portfolio posts.
– Ideally we are looking for medium size images, in PNG format with transparent backgrounds.
– If it is becoming to challenging to find consistent transparent PNG files, then we can switch to JPEGs with white backgrounds (these will be much more common and easier to find.
Hints for Finding Good Logo Files
– Use Google Image Search
– Use the Advanced Search: Size = Medium
– See the attached image for an example of a logo search
– Notice the transparent PNG file has a checkerboard background when it’s select within Google images.